Saturday, April 2, 2011

It's been, one week!! (BNL style)

Welcome back!

It's been a productive week.  I walked everyday this week except for two days.  I've realized that I like walking outside more than inside, but considering that we can't control the weather yet, I'll have to deal with it.

Wednesday I did my four miles again but I decided this time I was going to run a little bit.  I ran for half a mile.  I was pretty proud of myself.  I realize that to some people that's nothing, but to me that's somewhat of an accomplishment.  I'm not ready to pat myself on the back yet, but I was proud of myself for putting in the extra effort and running.

The other days I did more power walking than running but I still walked 4 miles.  Today however, was a little different.  Today I walked less than my normal 4 miles, but I included some hills and I walked a pretty steady pace.  I broke a sweat and could definitely feel the burn in my muscles which I believe is a good sign.

Speaking of muscle burn on Thursday I was in some major major pain.  After pushing myself on Wednesday I could definitely feel it.  My whole lower body was aching, especially my gluteus maximus.    I could barely even sit on it and was oohing and ahhing all day.  I think I said "my butt hurts" 100 times that day.  I do realize that my body is probably going to feel like that for a while, but I definitely wasn't used to.  However, when I woke up on Friday I was already feeling a lot better.

I've also realized that I'm going to sleep a little earlier than usual because my body is so drained.  The last benefit that I can tell has kicked in right away is that I'm in a better mood.  You always hear people say "if you exercise it puts you in a good mood" and then I always think to myself, I'm pretty sure sitting on my couch and watching the office will leave me in a good enough mood.  I hate to admit it, but those people are right!  I've been in a a much better mood everyday.

For the most part I've also made healthier eating choices this week.  Which that part has been tough for me in the past, but I feel like eating healthier now.  For example, I went to Starbucks earlier this week, and instead of buying a cookie or cake product, I bought a cup of fruit.  I've had yogurt with fruit a few times this week and as I'm writing this, I'm drinking a coffee with soy milk.....soy milk...!!  (who would've thought)

One major discovery I made this week, I need new clothes!!  As I was running on the treadmill on Wednesday my shorts kept falling down.  I had to hike them all the way up.  I was like the Steve Urkell of the Gym and the fact that I snort when I laugh sometimes doesn't help.  I must have looked like an idiot when I was running and pulling up my shorts at the same time.  So I think sometime soon I will have to get some new workout clothes and definitely some new sneakers.  The support in these sneaks are shot!!  If anyone has any recommendations on running sneakers, please feel free to let me know.

So that's it, one week down, 24 more to go!  Of course I'm feeling good about this right.  It seems really easy, but I know it's going to get harder.  I know that at a certain point I'm going to hit a wall, but I'm going to have to push through.  Thanks for reading and I'll see you guys in a few days!!!

1 comment:

  1. look into getting asics... they're cheap and feel amazing on your feet. stuff like nike and adidas are great for show, but nothing beats asics for running in comfort. For about 50$ a pair they'll last you a long time. Nike's are good for a very short period (one month maybe) and they'll cost you 80 or 90$ a pair.

    ReplyDelete